Monday, June 6, 2011

Weekly Edits - Border Effects

Jillian; 5-19-2011, 3:15pm; Rexburg, ID; f/6.3; 1/250; Nikon CoolPix P500
Rustic Cowgirl; 5-25-2011, 1:45pm; Bannck, MT; f/4.4; 1/5; Nikon CoolPix P500; Tripod
Day's End Beverage; 5-25-2011, 5:15pm; Bannack, MT; f/5.0; 1/100; Dynamic Photo HDR

I really like some of the cool border effects you can create in Photoshop, and they are pretty quick to do as well. For the first picture, I created a flexible vignette. I decided to add the white stroke to the inside of the border rather than feathering the border. For Rustic Cowgirl, I applied a sponge effect with reduced opacity to the original image. I used the brushed on effect using the history brush to add the border. I like how certain parts of the picture come through more than others. My favorite is the root beer bottles. I first edited the image using Dynamic Photo HDR to give it the red color and enhanced lighting. I like the effect of the double fade border and how it pulls your attention to the middle of the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment