Sunday, June 12, 2011

Night and Light

Have a seat; 6-12-2011, 10:41pm; Rexburg, ID; f/3.4; 8.0secs; Tripod; Flashlight

Look at the Light; 6-12-2011, 10;14pm; Rexburg, ID; f/4.0; 8.0secs; Tripod

Shake It Up; 6-12-2011, 10:23pm; Rexburg, ID; f/4,8; 5.0secs

Traffic In Motion; 6-12-2011, 10:31pm; Rexburg, ID; F/4.0; 4.0secs; Tripod

This weeks assignment was tough for me.. I was just totally lacking in original ideas of what to shoot, so I ended up putting it off until the night before it was due. Never a good idea.
For my light painting shot, I used the light from my phone to highlight the legs of the chair in my room. Of all the shots, I think this one came out the best for me this week. No big edits, just sat boostng.
For Light Sketching, I set my camera up on a tripod and used a laser pointer and wrote on the wall with the light. It took forever to get the shot right. My camera won't let me do a longer SS than 8 seconds, so I kept running out of time. I finally got it on about try #30. I used PhotoShop to change the color of the light from green to the fuscia and boosted the saturation.
Camera motion was my least favorite. I had my roommate hold up the light and I set the SS to five seconds and shook the camera around, nothing to special.
Blurred Lights came pretty easy. I waited for it too get dark, set up my camera at the corner near my apartment, waited for a car to come and got the shot. I like how you don't even see the car in the picture, just the line from the taillights. I did some adjustments in Camera Raw to lessen the yellow glow from the street lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment