Monday, July 11, 2011

Photo Contest Entry

American Glory; 4-7-2011, 10:32pm; Idaho Falls, Idaho; f/2.8; 1/15; iPhone 4

I went to the fireworks show in Idaho Falls with the full intention of getting some really cool fireworks shots. i didn't realize until me and my friends got their that I had forgotten my camera. Thankfully I had my phone. I wasn't able to manipulate the shutter speed or aperture or set in on a tripod, so the method I used to get good shots was just to take as many shots as possible and hope a couple of them turned out. Thankfully I got a couple of shot that were in decent enough quality that I could use them.
The flag that I overlayed on the fireworks comes from an old photo blog I put together a couple of years ago. I had to pull the picture off that blog so it wasn't in great quality, but good enough to go along with the quality of the pictures I took with my phone.
I entered this picture in the Photographics Society Celebration contest. I thought this would be a fun contest to enter especially since it was the day after the 4th of July. It was really cool to see everyone's entries and their interpretations on celebration.
Submitted to contest July 5th, 2011

http://byuiphotographics.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment